In these days of COVID-19, restaurants have had to worry a lot about cleanliness and hygiene in their establishments. One of the areas where this cleaning is essential is the kitchen. What is essential to keep your kitchen spotless? There are many tasks to carry out in daily maintenance up to annual controls
Kitchen is the most important area of a restaurant where food is handled, prepared and processed. Keeping it clean and disinfected helps prevent food contamination, incidents of health hazards and other invaders.
To make this easier for you, we've created a kitchen cleaning checklist that your employees can use to complete cleaning tasks.
During and after shifts
Don't wait until closing time to clean everything at once. There are several tasks you can do during and after shifts.
- Wash dishes, glasses and other utensils.
- Wash cutting boards, counter tops, and prep table surfaces.
- Wash cutters, mills, mixers, microwaves, coffee makers, and other preparation equipment.
- Clean and disinfect the surfaces of the preparation station after preparing food.
- Brush grills, grills, and other hotplates after making meat, chicken, or fish.
- Empty drip pans from grills, irons, and other kitchen equipment.
- Clean up any major spills or spills on surfaces, floors or equipment.
- Put dirty dishcloths and other textiles in the laundry room (separate from uniforms)
- Put dirty aprons and uniforms on clothing (separate from dishcloths and bedding)
- Empty trash cans frequently
- Fill empty paper towel rolls or soap dispensers
End of the Day
When the day is over, it's time to thoroughly clean different areas and equipment in your kitchen. Be sure to complete the following tasks:
- Sweep or vacuum your kitchen floors, pantries and refrigerators
- I scrubbed the floors (use a strong degreaser to scrub grease spills)
- To clean carpets.
- Clean washing stations and sinks.
- Clean up spills and splatters on walls.
- Wash and disinfect all countertops and surfaces in the prep area
- Clean drink dispensers and gun heads
- Clean and disinfect grills, grills, burners, and other cooktops.
- Change aluminum linings on all ovens, grills, and kitchen equipment.
- Clean fryers
- Run a load of dish cloths and other textiles in the washing machine (separate from uniforms)
- Run a load of aprons and uniforms in the washing machine (separate from kitchen linen)